Agenda for January 6th Board Meeting ()
1. Pursuant to Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code, call to order and roll call by William H. Kuykendall, J. D., Chairman, Texas State Board of Barber Examiners (TSBBE).
2. Read and possibly approve Board Minutes
3. Public Comment.
4. Discuss for possible action Proposals for Decision from the State Office of Administrative Hearings (September 23, October 22, November 12).
5. Discuss for possible ratification the
Agreed Orders in the Matter of Assessment of an Administrative Penalty Against Certain Licensees in Cases Brought for Informal
Hearings before the Executive Director (November 18,
6. Discuss for possible action regarding
the adoption of proposed amendments to rule §51.93 Sanitation Rules for Barber
§51.93(b)(5): Washing facilities to be provided. Every such establishment shall be provided with suitable and adequate washing facilities for barbering services. Sinks or wash basins must be of nonabsorbent material and properly trapped, with not less than one sink per [three] (two) chairs [for barbershops and one sink per two chairs for barber schools/colleges].
7. Update on License Renewal Using the Internet (TexasOnline).
8. Consider for possible action what options are available to the Board and what procedures it can follow when it becomes aware of a pending/imminent school closure.
9. If needed and pursuant to 551.071 and 551.074 of the Texas Government Code, the Board man enter into Executive Session.